If you are planning a trip to Germany, a lot of issues must be taken into account and urgently solved. Some of them, however, can be solved in advance. Among them is insurance, which can be effectively organized even if you still locate anywhere else.
Insurance in Germany statistics
- The most important insurance for a foreigner to get at first is third party liability insurance. It is not expensive. It’s absolutely necessary for you, if you intend to hire a flat or a house. Such insurance also guarantees that in case of any claims or trials insurer will handle them (the cost of this service varies, it would be reasonable to enquire more specifically). You can use this insurance for yourself, members of your family and your pets.
- Household insurance provides protection from any kind of damage made to your property, like theft, fire/water damage, etc. It encompasses all types of possessions you wish to insure.
- If you intend to own a car, vehicle insurance is mandatory to have. It will be easier for you to get a German vehicle insurance, if you provide them with a letter from your previous insurer in a home country, acknowledging your good driving history. Vehicle insurance in Germany is expensive.
- Legal assistance insurance provides protection from any claims. Foreigners are often facing situations, which are handled in a different way than back home. There are also frequent conflicts with employers, neighbors, or state authorities. Legal assistance insurance provides a legal help in these difficult situations and pays out all expenses
- Health insurance is compulsory for every German resident, no matter whether he is employed or not (self-employed, retired people as well). You can choose between joining the state health insurance plans or private health insurance. The latter is more expensive. However, German state medicine also provides a high quality of treatment.
- Requirements for drivers license in Germany
- English-spoken Education classes in Germany
- German university system
- Parental allowance in Germany
- German legal system and laws
- Health Insurance in Germany for foreigners
- Car insurance in Germany cost
- Insurance in Germany statistics
- Citizenship in Germany by marriage
- Waste recycling companies in Germany
- German Tax System 2018